With nicsell Trading you have the possibility to offer your own domains as an auction for our customers. You can enter the domains using the form. You have to provide the following information.
Type of auction:
You can choose from two auction types: Normal and Dutch auction. Both types are explained here in detail.
The auction starts on this date at 8:00 AM, but no earlier than five minutes after the auction has been created.
The auction ends on this date at 8:00 PM. If it is a normal auction, the auction extension is active.
Enter your domain here. It must belong to you or you must have been authorized by their owner(s). In addition, the name servers must point to ns1.nicsell.com and ns2.nicsell.com. The sluggishness of DNS may cause a delay in the change taking effect.
Is the price you want to get at least for your domain. In a normal auction, this is the price from which it automatically comes to a sale after the auction ends. If the final bid is below the minimum price, a negotiation is started in which you can accept or reject this bid. If it is a Dutch auction, the current price drops from the starting price to the minimum price.
Is the price at which the Dutch auction starts. The starting price must be at least twice the minimum price. This specification is not allowed for normal auctions.
There are some conditions for the auction period. The end date must be no more than 30 days in the future. Also, the auction period must be between 3 and 14 days.
Standard values can be set for the minimum and starting price. For missing prices in the domain listing, the standard values are used.
Our service is charged in the form of a commission in the amount of 10% charged. The remaining 90% will be distributed to you.
There is a limit to your maximum auctions. If you have sold less than 10 domains through our marketplace, the limit is 100 domains, otherwise it is 10,000 domains.
Additionally, there is a general limit that applies to all sellers where a maximum of 15,000 auctions may end on the auction end date.
How can your domains point to nicsell for verification?
You can set the nameservers of your domains to ns1.nicsell.com and ns2.nicsell.com.
In addition, you can create a CNAME record for your domains, which forward to nicsell.com. It must forward domain.tld and www.domain.tld. If necessary, you must adjust the priority of the records so that they are preferred.
Otherwise, you can set up a redirect to https://nicsell.com/domain/[domain.tld]. During the verification nicsell will try to call your domain and recognize that it is your domain based on the redirect.
Important: If you already use HTTPS for your domains, you should only consider the HTTP redirection option (as HTST may prevent visitors from accessing the auction using the other methods).